17th - 23rd January 2022 - Cosmic Week ahead
17th - 23rd January 2022 - Cosmic Week Ahead
We begin this week with a Full Moon in the sign of Cancer. Over the weekend, the energy continues to build, but it will quickly drop again as the Full Moon triggers a void of course Moon.
Void of course Moon energy encourages stillness and reflection. When triggered by a full Moon, the full Moon experience becomes short lived and over as quickly as it begins, making the build up to the full Moon more important than the full Moon itself.
To work with the energy of this full Moon, I highly recommend starting your Full Moon practice once the Moon enters the sign of Cancer on 15th January @ 16:11 UK Time.
Let's look at the energy breakdown for the week ahead below. I also share a daily journaling prompt and a look at how I process the theme for the day ahead based on what's happening in my life right now.
Monday 17th January
🔮 Tonight we have the Full Moon 🌕 in the sign of Cancer ♋ . Known as the Wolf 🐺 Moon, the sign of Cancer encourages you to feel the emotions connected to past events, and then move on to the feelings of the present moment. Full Moons are a time of reflection, and as this event triggers a Void of Course Moon, things will slow down at this energetic climax of the lunar cycle, and stillness is recommended.
- ✍🏻 Journal Prompt - How can you become more connected to the present moment.
- 👩🏻🦰 For me, I'm very easily distracted or super focused which means being more present requires a conscious effort. I try to remind myself to tune in throughout theday,y and I also find getting outside into nature or enjoying a good hike really helps.
Tuesday 18th January
🔮 The void of course Moon triggered by yesterdays Full Moon🌕♋ in Cancer ends as the Moon enters the sign of Leo♌🔥 . Leo highlights the areas of your life where you were born to lead, but the Moon and Mercury may cause conflicts between the head and heart, so tap into Leo's passion and love to move through.
- ✍🏻 Journal Prompt - Where do your passions lie and are you making time for them?
- 👩🏻🦰 For me, my passions lies in creating. Except I have lost a lot of confidence in this area due to being to busy to practice. My heart wants to draw but my head says "why waste the time, you will hate it anyway" ahh the joy of creativity! I often wonder if everyone goes through this? I have to assume that I am not alone with this battle.
Wednesday 19th January
🔮 We are still in the fire energy of Leo ♌🔥 and you explore your passion, allow the Moon's conversation with Saturn to help you explore the way you love and value yourself.
- ✍🏻 Journal Prompt - What can you do to build your self-esteem and confidence.
- 👩🏻🦰 For me, it's all about practice and making time to hone my skills. I know from experience that the more I learn and practice my craft, whether it's art or astrology, the more confident and excited I feel. Anyone else get this?
Thursday 20th January
🔮 Today's Void of Course Moon is triggered by a Trine to Mars which may just boost that confidence you have been lacking lately. Spend time during this slow period to explore the potential opportunities around you and reflect on the potential open to you. The Void ends as the Moon enters Virgo♍⛰️ , so watch out for the inner perfectionist. Don't let her undo all your hard work by telling you you're not good enough.
- ✍🏻 Journal Prompt - Where does your inner perfectionism like to hang out?
- 👩🏻🦰 For me, my inner perfectionist is both a blessing and a curse. Sometimes, she is awesome, helping me to create to the best of my ability. Then other times she is mean and won't even get me started. I have a feeling this will be a lifelong battle with no winners or losers.
Friday 21st January
🔮 Yesterday the Sun 🌞 entered the sign of Aquarius♒ . The Sun is your life force, identity and self-expression. The sign of Aquarius is independent, group orientated, radical and idealistic. When the Sun enters the sign of Aquarius, it's a great time to embrace the unconventional. Get out, socialise, experience freedom and be a rebel.
- ✍🏻 Journal Prompt - What unconventional aspect of yourself can you embrace and nurture during this time?
- 👩🏻🦰 For me, a lot of my unconventional characteristics are things I've seen as weaknesses. I'm quite energy sensitive, and have struggled to manage how drained I get by the energy of others all my life. However, this is also a strength when I use it to tune into those around me and support my community and Moon Portal members.
Saturday 22nd January
🔮 The Moon is now in the Waning Gibbous 🌖 phase of the lunar cycle and we get our lunar nod to begin our releasing and letting go process. Tonight, the Moon Square Mars triggers a void, which could make us all a little irritable and impatient. You may need to do something active to move this energy through your body.
- ✍🏻 Journal Prompt - What is niggling at you right now?
- 👩🏻🦰 For me, I'm learning to be more compassionate with myself when things don't go the way I want. When I find myself in irritable energy, I'm often revisited by reminders of where I believe I've failed. However, once the energy has passed I know that my feelings were unjustified.
Sunday 23rd January
🔮There is some easy going energy around in the early part of the day. However, be careful not to be too complacent otherwise you may miss something exciting. The energy may change in the evening, and talking about your feelings will become more challenging, so get those conversations taken care of sooner rather than later.
- ✍🏻 Journal Prompt - What do you like to do when the energy is easy and flowing?
- 👩🏻🦰 For me, I like to go with the flow when surrounded by gentle energy. If a thought pops into my head about something I would like to do, I allow myself to go with it. I often find that this intuition led action can make way for lots of exciting and interesting things to take place.