Change Your Life with the Power of the Moon
Change Your Life with the Power of the Moon
I realise that Change Your Life with the Power of the Moon is a bold claim. However, I can promise you that working with the Moon has changed my life in ways that I could not have imagined.
I’ve learned a lot from the past 12 months as a cosmic explorer. Here are some of my main lessons:
- The more connected I am, the less chaotic my life is
- I naturally overthink things, and viewing the bigger picture helps with this
- It is possible to carve out regular time for self-care and personal growth each month. In fact, it is much easier than expected
- My mental health and physical wellbeing always benefit from connecting to the cosmic cycles
- I often uncover questions I didn’t know I needed to ask, and answers I’ve been searching for over a long time
- I’m able to be in the present moment more often
- My self-awareness has improved immeasurably
- It helps me deal with periods of stress and anxiety
- I never regret showing up for a deep dive into the lunar energies
- It boosts my creativity and inspiration
I bet some of those were not what you expected, were they?
Moon Work is Soul Work
To me, Moon work is soul work. It takes me on a journey into my internal world and allows me to process, explore and get curious about who I am and why I do the things I do.
Why the Moon?
The Moon has been part of the spiritual practices of many cultures around the world for thousands of years.
Learning to work with lunar energy can be a powerful tool for self-discovery and spiritual growth for all of us.
- Working with the lunar cycles can help you better understand yourself and the world around you.
- It can help you tap into the powerful energy of each moon phase and use it to help you manifest your goals and dreams.
- Working with the lunar cycles can also help you connect with your intuition and follow your own inner guidance.
The Changing Moon
Waxing and Waning
The changing energy of the Moon can be seen through its phases of waxing and waning. Waxing is when the Moon grows in size, and waning is when it is decreasing in size. The energy of the Moon is more external when it is full, and more internal when it is new. We often feel the ‘build up’ of energy towards a full Moon and the releasing of energy towards a new Moon.
Sign of the Zodiac
During a month, the Moon moves through all 12 signs of the zodiac. Each sign brings with it a different energetic theme. Throughout the year, we experience a new and full Moon in all 12 signs, allowing us to explore all 12 life areas associated with the signs.
Lunar & Solar Eclipses
A lunar eclipse occurs during a full Moon, and a solar eclipse occurs during a new Moon. Lunar & Solar Eclipse events are transformational times of the year when we experience great shifts in energy or life direction. They are energetic, physical, spiritual and developmental turning points in our lives. This can show as a shift in thoughts and ideas, or something more tangible, like a change of career, new family structure or a relocation.
Other Planetary Conversations
Know as aspects, these are the conversations the Moon has with other planets. As the Moon is fast moving, the conversations are also relatively quick, but that doesn’t make them any less impactful to our daily lives. When the Moon has a conversation with a planet at the time of a new or full Moon, this can activate an additional energy in that lunar event.
For example: if Mercury was retrograde at the time of a full Moon, and that full Moon formed a planetary aspect with Mercury, then this would activate and intensify the Mercury retrograde energetic experience.
Awareness is Power
One of the biggest lessons about working with the Moon is awareness. Being aware of the energies coming to us before they arrive allows us to prepare and navigate the events and lessons with greater ease.
For example: As we entered 2023, Mercury and Mars were both in retrograde. The result was a slower than usual start to the New Year. In fact, the New Year didn’t really feel like a New Year until around the first New Moon in the sign of Aquarius on 21st January. Knowing in advance that this energy was going to be slow, building up towards the end of the month, meant it was possible not to apply too much pressure at the start of the year and embrace the extended ‘wintering’ vibration available to us. For many, pushing through this was frustrating, disappointing and emotional, leaving people already burnt out before the year had even started.
Personalising Your Lunar Journey
The Moon has an energetic influence depending on it’s phase, sign, significant events and other planetary conversations. Everyone experiences the same energy, but astrology meets us where we are, and that situation, stage of life or current challenge or success is unique. By personalising your lunar journey, you can determine what each lunar even means for you.
To do this, you must explore:
- Lunar Event Theme - This is the specific energetic theme brought forward by each new and full Moon based on the sign of the zodiac and other planetary events happening at the time.
- Personal Guidance - This is gained by tuning into what each Moon means for you personally. This is an intuitive and spiritual process.
- Extended Exploration of the Lessons - This is more practical, where you take what you have learned about the energy of the new or full Moon and explore and expand on it to discover the lessons available and actions to take.
Making Regular Positive Changes
The secret to Moon work is showing up little and often. By tuning in regularly, you can increase your awareness of the cosmic energies, and adjust, adapt and change your response to that energy and it’s lessons as you go. All it takes is some of your time and energy once every 2 weeks to explore the new and full Moon vibe and what it means for you. This makes a wonderful regular self care practice that is easy to maintain and guided by the Moon.
Get Monthly Lunar Guidance with the Moon Portal Online Membership
If you want extra guidance during the new and full moons of 2023, check out the Moon Portal Online Membership, where we explore the energy, astrology and personal guidance of every unique new and full Moon of the year.
The Compound Effect of Self-Discovery and Personal Growth
By showing up and making regular small positive changes, using the guidance of the lunar cycles as your structure, you will benefit from the collective compound effect of self-discovery and personal growth. You may not see these results at first, but gradually, over time, the choices and actions you make or don’t make day after day add up, allowing you to potentially reap the rewards.
How to Take Action
Working with the Moon is much simpler than you might think. You don’t need to understand complex astrology, or be an expert at working with your birth chart. You don’t even have to know much about the Moon.
All you have to do is:
- Schedule Time - Mark in your calendar the dates of the new and full Moons of the year, and schedule time to journal and explore what comes up for you. (Check out my free guide to the Moons of 2023 below for the themes, dates and times)
- Notice the Energy - Get curious and explore how each new and full Moon makes you feel. Notice what happens in your life and the life of those around you. Create greater awareness of how things show up for you.
- Journal What Comes Up for You - The best way to process your experience is to journal. I highly recommend having a new and full Moon journaling practice. Write down how you feel, what you experience, and what you notice.
- Explore Deeper - I like to grab a tarot deck and pull a few cards to take my journaling even further. This helps me get out of my own head.
- Ask Questions - Write a list of questions and answer them honestly. Try things such as “how does this energy make me feel? What lessons am I learning from this new/full Moon? Why is this energy influencing me in this way?”
- Take Action - The most important part of this process is to take action. Make a list of action steps based on what you have learned from working with the lunar energy, and turn your spiritual exploration into practical meaningful action.
The Free Moons of 2023 Guide
To help you navigate the lunar energies of all 25 new and full Moons of 2023, I’ve created a free guide for you.
Check out, The Moons of 2023 - Your Guide to the Astrological Energy of the Major Lunar Events of the Year.
Taking Things Further
We now understand the changing energies of the New and Full Moons based on the sign of the zodiac, but what else.
I already mentioned that there are other factors that help us personalise the experience even further.
- Lunar & solar eclipse events
- Other planetary conversations (aspects)
- The astrological house each new and full Moon activates your birth chart
- Any natal planetary conjunctions between the new and full Moons
- Life events and current situation and circumstances
Join the Moon Portal Online Membership
The Moon Portal Online Membership is THE place where we take things further in a structured and guided way.
Inside the Moon Portal we:
- Explore the energy of each lunar and solar eclipse in detail. Focusing on the energetic transformations available during each one.
- At every new and full Moon we look closer at the lunar astrology and highlight where there are significant conversations happening between the Moon and the other planets.
- I show you how to determine which house (life area) is activated at each new and full Moon and what it means for you.
- Each new and full Moon comes with it’s own guide and workbook, allowing you to explore the lunar energy and apply it to your current life events and situations. This will help you extract more information, guidance and support.
- We also have videos, live events, crystal wisdom, bonus quarterly content and a cosmic community.
Change Your Life in 2023 with the Power of the Moon
Hi, I'm Sarah...
..astrologer, creatrix and life improvement enthusiast
I’m a big fan of using every tool available to create our best lives. It’s not always easy to see life’s challenges as opportunities, but as we learn to tune in to our own needs, explore our behaviours and make better future decisions, it becomes possible to craft an amazing journey for ourselves and those around us. My goal is to help you explore your own life, habits and behaviours in a way that can benefit you and those around you.
If you loved this article, then you’re going to love Cosmic Cuppa, my Monday morning motivational emails, where I share a peek behind the scenes of my own life and how I use astrology, at and self-development to explore ways to show up and be better every day. I also send a digest of my weekly blog articles every Thursday.