Welcome to February
Well, we are over that frantic feeling of starting a new year. We have made it through blue Monday and now we enter the second month of the year with all of that behind us. And to top it off, this year February is a leap year so we get a whole extra day, what will you do with yours?
What’s Magickal This Month?
Magickal Moments Podcast
I’m super excited to be launching the first episode of my new podcast in time for the new month! Magickal Moments is a podcast for lunar lovers and creative souls looking to improve their daily flow by working with the phases and cycles of the Moon in a super practical way. Check out my podcast by clicking the link below.
All of the links I mention in this podcast can be found further down this blog article.
The first of the month starts with the pagan festival of Imbolc. Find out more about this in my blog The Festival of Imbolc
February begins just over a week into the New Moon in Aquarius cycle, you can find out more about The New Moon in Aquarius in my recent blog post
The energetic climax of the lunar cycle happens with the Full Moon in the sign of Leo on the 9th GMT. And then we wane to the New Moon in Pisces on the 23rd GMT.
Inside The Magickal Moon School we work with the energy of the New & Full Moons in the form of journaling, tarot and oracle card reading and setting New Moon Wishes and releasing what no longer serves. You can get instant access to the current content by joining The Magickal Moon School today.
Card of the Month
Every month I add to my Word of the Year Worksheet by drawing a tarot or oracle card. Throughout the year I still reflect on the Word of the Year but each month we have an additional theme or direction to nail down my focus even further. I encourage members of my free Facebook Group Moon & Craft to share their cards of the month photo’s and talk about the word of the month as the continue to complete the Word of the Year Worksheet. Come along and join us in Moon & Craft.
My Word for the Month of February is Expression.
If you would like to find out more about my exploration of my words for 2020 then check out my blog Word of the Year 2020
I used the Wild Unknown Archetypes deck and chose my word from the card I pulled which was The Orphan.
It’s not too late to pick your word of the year and begin working with your word of the month. Check out how you can join in too and grab my free resources – Picking Your Word of the Year for 2020
Setting Monthly Goals
I think it’s really important to set regular goals and in my planner I like to track goals in different areas of my life and business. I love this process as it helps me not to neglect areas of my life from month to month.
Here are the categories I use:
Other categories you may like to use include:
I encourage members of my free Facebook Group Moon & Craft to share their goals for the month ahead. Come along and join us in Moon & Craft.
The Moon & Other Celestial Events
What’s the Moon up to This Month?
Each of the 8 phases of the lunar cycle lasts approximately 3.7 days. It takes 29.53 days for the moon to complete one cycle of all its phases. This is a Lunar Month.
The Moon spends approximately 2.5 days in each sign of the zodiac. The Moon completes a full orbit of the Earth relative to the stars and goes through all 12 signs of the zodiac in 27.32 days. This is a Lunar Orbit, also known as a Sidereal Month.
All dates below are in the GMT timezone. To calculate for your timezone go to Time and Date
- 2nd February – First Quarter Moon in Taurus to Gemini
- 5th February – Waxing Gibbous in Gemini to Cancer
- 9th February – Full Moon in Leo to Virgo
- 12th February – Waning Gibbous in Libra to Scorpio
- 15th February – Last Quarter in Scorpio to Sagittarius
- 19th February – Waning Crescent in Capricorn to Aquarius
- 23rd February – New Moon in Pisces to Aries
If you would like more information on what each of these Moons mean for you then take a look at The Magickal Moon School where every Monday morning I share a post inside the private Facebook group guiding you through the lunar energies of the week ahead.
Also check out my blog Working with the Moon: What you need to know
What’s Happening in the Sky This month?
Mercury goes Retrograde for the first time in 2020
The big event this month is Mercury going retrograde. Here are the dates you need to know.
- Pre-shadow – 2nd -17th February
- Retrograde 17th February – 10th March
- Post shadow – 10th – 16th March
Sun Enters Pisces – 19th February
When Mercury the planet of communication appears to go backwards in the sky we all feel the astrological influences of this event in our daily lives. For some this can be challenging and for others it can be exciting however, we can all benefit from doing a little soul searching during this time. The Science, The Myth and The Magick of Mercury Retrograde is my online programme where I guide you through working with the powerful personal messages from Mercury in Retrograde.
- 1st February – Imbolc – Pagan festival on the Wheel of the Year
- 2nd February – Candlesmass – Christian festival
- 14th February – Valentines Day
- 25th February – Shrove Tuesday
- 26th February – Ash Wednesday
- 29th February – Leap Year Extra Day in February
Things of Interest for January
Mercury Retrograde – The Science, The Myth, The Magick
My mini programme is getting an overhaul with lots of extra content for the three 2020 Mercury Retrograde phases. You get access to three modules, two extras and one bonus.
- Module 1 – The Science
- Module 2 – The Myth
- Module 3 – The Magick
- Extra – Mercury Tarot and Oracle Card Spread
- Extra – Mercury in Retrograde Journaling Pages
- Bonus – 1 free month inside online The Magickal Moon School
Oracle and Tarot
I’ve created two Oracle and Tarot Spread packs to support your personal and spiritual journey in 2020.
- Oracle & Tarot Spread Layout Mega-Bundle – 40 plus pages of guidance and spreads to take you through the year ahead. This pack includes 20 spreads over 6 life themes along with support and guidance on how to read your cards using a spread and ways to journal your readings for a deeper understanding.
- 24 Moons Mega Bundle – 30 plus pages of lunar oracle and tarot card spreads, one for every New and Full Moon in 2020. This pack includes and New and Full Moon spread for every month of the year in every sign of the zodiac. That’s actually 25 spreads in 2020 as we have two Full Moons in October.
Working with the Moon in my daily life and as part of my personal journey and spiritual development has been incredible and I share everything with you in a number of ways:
- Grab my Free Moon Bundle – This is your essential guide to working with the phases of the Moon with a handy mobile phone download reference image to save and use on the go!
- The Magickal Moon School – My monthly subscription online Moon School is the place to be if you want to take your lunar journey further in 2020. For just £9.98 a month I guide you through the phases of the Moon and your New and Full Moon practices each and every month. (Discounts available for longer subscriptions)
- Lunar Witchcraft Creative Journaling – This online programme is a 6 month intensive look at working with the Moon, tapping into your inner witch and getting super creative with your journaling all in one! The programme doors open again in March and you can join the waiting list to make sure that you’re the first to know
I hang out on two main social media platforms, so why not come along and say hello.