What is a New Moon All About?
The New Moon occurs when the Sun and the Moon meet in the sky causing the Moon to go dark when viewed from the Earth. The New Moon falls between the Waning Crescent (Balsamic Moon) and the Waxing Crescent Moon phases.
The New Moon is all about new beginnings, planting the seeds for the future and making plans. This is a time for contemplation and planning rather than action. This phase encourages introspection and connecting with our deeper selves and to do this in the modern world it’s essential that we slow right now.
As we head towards the New Moon we find that our energy levels start to drop. I know I’m certainly feeling it. This dark phase we’re in now encourages slowing down, healing and soothing.
When is the February New Moon in Aquarius?
I’m in the UK and the New Moon is at 21:03
Here’s a link to find out what time it is in your part of the world
I’ve also included some time zones below for quick reference.
What does it mean when the New Moon is in Aquarius?
The Influence of Aquarius:
Sign Element: Air
Ruling Planet: Uranus
Quality: Fixed Sign
The Moon in Aquarius brings feelings of inner freedom and openness, emotions become more alive and expressed more freely. We can not stand the pressure and imposed limitations during this time and inner feelings of independence become the main priority. We tend to allow more freedom to ourselves, like the desire to splurge in shopping or food, desire for something new, unexpected actions and behaviour.
It is a good time for reforms, experiments, implementing new ideas, even risky projects. Spend more time among people, with friends, colleagues and acquaintances. The most important is not to go overboard with the desire to show off.
Be aware that the Aquarius Moon energy could have you feeling a bit all over the place as you have this desire to rebel and take control……fight the system, so to speak.
- This moon sign is good for – Making wishes
- This moon sign is not good for – doing things the old-fashioned way, instead modernise your way of thinking
Things to consider during this New Moon Cycle:
- Find out who you really are and embrace it
- Communicate deeply with yourself and others
- Understand how to express the truest version of you
- Be open to expressing who you really are
- Be part of a tribe who speaks your language
What to do on a New Moon
- Think about your goals and plans for the future
- Consider energy management rather than task management
- Eliminate distractions
- Determine if you’re in alignment with your true purpose
- Disconnect and Unplug
- Declutter your environment
- Detox the body and mind
- Yoga for Grounding
- Meditate for Grounding
- Make a Wish and perform a manifestation ritual
- Journal to connect with your deeper self
- Use your tarot and oracle cards
This month in Moon Mail Monthly
We will be taking a closer look at the New Moon in Aquarius and really diving deep into the theme and what it personally means for you.
Also during the New Moon Live event which is hosted inside the private Facebook group we will be enjoying a group visualisation and manifestation ritual online. This is such a powerful and amazing time.
Come and join us as we plan the February lunar cycle together.
The Moon Mail monthly membership also includes a lot more including:
- Exclusively themed tarot and oracle cards spreads for the month ahead
- New Moon and Full Moon Rituals
- Moon cycle guide taking you all the way through the February Moon cycle
- Detailed guides for the New and Full Moons with journaling questions for a deep dive into the moon and you
- Access to me inside the private facebook group
- Access to a private members area
Find out more about Moon Mail Monthly and join today by clicking the link below