Feeling Drained & Tired?
Written by Sarah Cornforth
Inside this article, I talk about feeling drained and tried and what to do about it.
We take a look at:
- Understanding your energy
- Why are we so tired?
- In the beginning of the pandemic
- Making even bigger changes
- Dealing with fatigue
- The starting point of making a change
- The external world
- The internal world
- It’s time to show up and do the work
- This is what we need
- The Mega Moon Intensive
And all of a sudden I felt really tired. Like the world had drained me for everything that I had.
Feeling drained & tired?
Yeah me too!
Understanding your energy
If this is the same for you then have a read of the rest of the article and let me know in the comments what’s going on for you.
In this article, I want to share some thoughts about our energy right now and give you some potential solutions to work with.
Why are we so tired?
- Things have changed
- The world has changed
- Everything is different
And no matter how well you believe you have adapted to the new normal this shift in the world has influenced every single one of us.
In the beginning
At first, the noise was a problem for me. When the pandemic started the media was draining and other peoples panic was challenging. Then there were the initial restrictions and limitations which were uncomfortable and scary. Not to even mention daily death stats being talked about in casual conversation!
Time to adjust
Gradually I adjusted and filtered out the noise to a level I could cope with and I determined my own rules for how I would navigate the world while still feeling safe under the circumstances.
Even bigger changes
I then did something unplanned.
I moved house.
But this wasn’t an ordinary move. I moved into a new town, in a new county, away from my parents who I’d been living with since my brother died. And I also moved in with my partner for the first time!
Time to adjust
Gradually I adjusted to my new life, the new town I living in, seeing less of my family and speaking on the phone more than ever……and spending more time with my partner than before as we learned how to live together.
Next was the fatigue
Then months after the start of the pandemic my energy gave up. I couldn’t make it through a whole day without nodding off or feeling so drained I was unable to do anything. It felt as though someone had come along and removed my batteries and I was running on empty…….all the time.
Time to adjust
Gradually I began investigating my body and mind for answers.
Was I physically or mentally poorly?
Perhaps I had a bug or was depressed?
And although these things met some of my symptoms they didn’t tick all the boxes.
The starting point
I began exactly where I was, drained, fatigued, frustrated, annoyed, tired, unmotivated, lethargic and fed up. And I took a closer look at how I was living my life in this moment.
The external world
The first thing to deal with was my ever-increasing coffee intake. After reducing this to one small cup in the morning I’ve found less of an abrupt energy slump in the afternoon. I’m still a little tired but nothing I can’t handle as I keep up my investigation.
Also, my eating habits were not as they should be, I was giving into cravings and my exercise and fitness was sporadic and therefore more tiring when I showed up for it.
Time to adjust
Gradually I am adjusting what I eat, drink and how much I move to find a balance that energises me and keeps me going all day long without needing a nap.
This is just part of the story
The external stuff such as the fatigue, low mood and lack of motivation, although potentially debilitating is in a way the easy part to deal with as I can see what it is doing.
- I know when my energy is low because I can’t stay awake.
- I know when my mood is low because I feel unhappy and overwhelmed.
- I know when I’m drinking too much coffee because I crash in the afternoons.
- I know when I’m eating badly because my body and skin tell me.
- I know when I’m not moving enough as I’ve got a very persistent Garmin watch that beeps at me
This is all tangible stuff and by making small changes to the things which we already know make us feel worse we can see results. In fact, a lot of things can be at least partially resolved by looking after our physical selves better.
The internal world
The harder part to deal with is the internal world and exploring what is going on inside of us.
Quite often what we see externally is a manifestation of what’s going on internally, but matching the symptoms to the emotional, psychological or spiritual cause is really hard to do.
It’s time to show up and do the work
To show up and do the work means:
- Checking in with yourself regularly
- Processing your thoughts, feelings and emotions
- Questioning the external and internal changes you experience
- Being curious about your physical, mental and spiritual health
- Never seeing showing up to do the work as a chore
This is what we need
- A system of working with different life themes so we don’t miss out the bits we don’t like
- A way to track the changes in our lives both internally and externally
- A way to detect patterns in our lives which help us to make healthy decisions and choices
- An outlet for expressing our feelings and emotions to prevent things for festering and turning into a whole new monster
- To be curious and compassionate as we learn to explore who we are
The Mega Moon Intensive
On 14th September 2020, I will be running The Mega Moon Intensive for the second and final time this year.
The Mega Moon Intensive is an online eight-week programme that provides you with a structure to do the internal work while tracking the results so that you can make positive future decisions and choices as you work towards your goals and dreams.
Inside the programme we use:
- The themes and energy of the lunar cycle to provide the structure and themes for our journey
- A tracking system similar to bullet journaling to log information and identify patterns and details we would otherwise miss
- A process of mini daily journaling to explore feelings and emotions in real-time
- And then we bring this all together in something I call the Mega Moon Map where you learn more about yourself in eight weeks than you have all year so far!
There are a limited number of places available as I like to keep the group small and intimate for better results. And I’m hanging out in the private Facebook group and a members area with you every step of the way.
Every week for eight weeks you get access to new membership content in the form of videos and downloads, a live event to guide and support your journey, exercises and challenges to keep you moving forward and a supportive community to boost motivation and inspiration along the way.
To find out more and join today just click the link below.
What comes up for you with this one?
Let me know in the comments below as I would love to hear your thoughts on it.
You may also like…
This New Moon triggered something so big that I resisted and avoided the theme, even in my business. Here’s a look at how I explored what was going on and what I believe it all means.
I’ve learned so much about myself by working with the Moon in my daily life. Let me show you why the Moon knows who you are and how you can benefit from this.
When I stopped showing up for myself things became challenging and I was totally fatigued from the effort of trying to push through. Here’s what happened and how to get back into flow.