Full Moon in Aquarius – August 2020
Written by Sarah Cornforth
The Moon is Full in
To find out the exact date and time of the next New Moon for where you live in the world click the button below:
Inside this article I share with you my guidance on working with the energy of the Full Moon in Aquarius. We take a look at:
When is the full Moon
- What is a Full Moon
- What’s in a name
- Full Moon Podcast
- What is the theme of the Aquarius Full Moon
- Questions to journal for the Full Moon in Aquarius
- Full Moon tarot and oracle card spread
- Things to do on a full Moon
- Inspiration and guidance from other authors
In order to create lasting security you must learn to stand in your own truth
The Sturgeon Moon
The names given to each of the monthly Full Moons changes depending on where you live on the planet, your culture, beliefs, religion an what’s currently trending on social media (yup really!). I tend to use the name that resonates with me most.
The August Full Moon is known as the Sturgeon Moon in the Northern Hemisphere
Other names for this Full Moon include: Corn Moon, Barley Moon, Dispute Moon, Wedmonath, Harvest Moon, Moon When the Cherries Turn Black
Welcome to the Magickal Moments Podcast. Check out my episode all about the Full Moon in Aquarius
What is a Full Moon?
The full Moon is the energetic climax of the lunar cycle. It happens when the Sun and the Moon are in opposition (occurring in opposite signs) in the night’s sky. The result is that the Sun and the Moon influence us with opposing, challenging and energetically charged vibrations.
During this time we are being asked to consider how far we have come, what we have accomplished and to practice gratitude and forgiveness before moving forward. This allows us to release what no longer serves during the waning phases of the cycle between the full Moon and the next new Moon.
Throughout the course of a calendar year we experience a full Moon in every sign of the zodiac which allows us to come full circle in what is learned during that time.
Tune into the full Moon theme each cycle by being aware of your thoughts, emotions and reactions to situations. Work through them with compassion, forgiveness and gratitude to reduce any potential discomfort as you aim to maintain a high vibration in your daily life.
What is the Aquarius Full Moon all About?
There is no denying that it’s been a bumpy ride lately. Do you get the impression we had a lot to learn in a short space of time? Yeah me too!
The double New Moon in Cancer was a rare event where we experienced two New Moons in the same sign in a row. The energy this brought was one of extended healing and gratitude as we work out how to adapt and change as the world adapts and changes too.
Aquarius is asking that you stand in your truth, but what does that even mean?
I see it as being in alignment with your soul path, the reason you’re here in the first place. But it’s much more than that as it’s not just about taking action, doing a role or a job, it’s about being the person you were always meant to be.
Aquarius energy is great at shaking things up if we need help being the truest version of ourselves.
It’s time to embrace your weird, quirky and off the wall-ness and take it all the way! Are you ready?
- Hiding in the shadows
- Being the voice for someone else
- Holding beliefs that are not your own
- Being afraid of what people might think if they knew who you really were
- Conforming and bending to rules you don’t agree with
- Letting people break you to fit their mould
This Moon is about:
- Finding freedom
- Celebrating who you are
- Embracing your weird
- Not caring about what others think
- Standing up for what you believe it
- Supporting your own cause
- Do the things you’ve always wanted to do
Being who you were always meant to be
The Moon & Sun Square Uranus
With the Moon & Sun Square Uranus at the time of the Full Moon, we are going to feel the urge to make some radical changes. The Moons aspect asks us to stand up for what we believe in and no longer be the puppet of someone else. Whereas the Sun could bring forward change and transformation which initially feels selfish and unfeeling but essential for personal growth and spiritual evolution. Either way, it’s going to be an interesting journey!
Full Moon Journaling Questions
- What does standing in your truth look like to you?
- What beliefs do you need to leave behind?
- What is holding you back from embracing the person you are deep down inside and what can you do to change that?
Full Moon Tarot & Oracle Card Spread
Things to do on a full Moon
- Charge your crystals by placing them on your windowsill or outside on the night of the full Moon
- Tie up loose ends and finish what you’ve started to work with the energy of completion associated with the full Moon
- Meditate and connect with the lunar energies listening for messages and guidance as you do
- Take a Moon bath by sitting outside in the Moon light and allowing the Moon beams to energise you
- Take a relaxing bath and enjoy the ritual of self care
- Read your cards and tap into the energy of the full Moon through tarot or oracle
- Practice forgiveness for yourself and others so you can move through the remainder of the lunar cycle without being weighed down
- Be grateful for what you already have so that you attract more of the same into your life
- Practice full Moon magick by casting a spell and getting all witchy
Inspiration and Guidance
Check out the below inspiration, guidance and wisdom from some of my favourite authors.
You’ll feel good if you can be spontaneous because having to abide by a strict routine will make you feel trapped and frustrated. Getting involved in a relaxing pastime or hobby will take you into another realm.
It’s time to detach and let go. Find balance between trying to be all things to all people vs having real relationships
You may also like…
This New Moon triggered something so big that I resisted and avoided the theme, even in my business. Here’s a look at how I explored what was going on and what I believe it all means.
Are you already aware of the Moons impact on your sleep but have no idea if there is a pattern or what this means for you? Check out this article where I show you how I track the patterns and what could be the reason for these disturbances.
I’ve learned so much about myself by working with the Moon in my daily life. Let me show you why the Moon knows who you are and how you can benefit from this.