Full Moon in Pisces – September 2020
Written by Sarah Cornforth
The Moon is Full in
To find out the exact date and time of the next New Moon for where you live in the world click the button below:
Inside this article, I share with you my guidance on working with the energy of the Full Moon in Pisces. We take a look at:
- When is the Full Moon
- What is a Full Moon
- What’s in a name
- Full Moon Podcast
- What is the theme of the Pisces Full Moon
- Full Moon tarot and oracle card spread
- Things to do on a full Moon
Learn how to see. Relise that everything connects to everything else
The Corn Moon
The names given to each of the monthly Full Moons changes depending on where you live on the planet, your culture, beliefs, religion an what’s currently trending on social media (yup really!). I tend to use the name that resonates with me most.
The September Full Moon is known as the Corn Moon in the Northern Hemisphere
Other names for this Full Moon include: Wine Moon, Harvest Moon, Singing Moon, Sturgeon Moon, Haligmonath, Witumanoth, Moon When Deer Paw the Earth
Welcome to the Magickal Moments Podcast. Check out my episode all about the Full Moon in Pisces.
What is a Full Moon?
The full Moon is the energetic climax of the lunar cycle. It happens when the Sun and the Moon are in opposition (occurring in opposite signs) in the night’s sky. The result is that the Sun and the Moon influence us with opposing, challenging and energetically charged vibrations.
During this time we are being asked to consider how far we have come, what we have accomplished and to practice gratitude and forgiveness before moving forward. This allows us to release what no longer serves during the waning phases of the cycle between the full Moon and the next new Moon.
Throughout the course of a calendar year we experience a full Moon in every sign of the zodiac which allows us to come full circle in what is learned during that time.
Tune into the full Moon theme each cycle by being aware of your thoughts, emotions and reactions to situations. Work through them with compassion, forgiveness and gratitude to reduce any potential discomfort as you aim to maintain a high vibration in your daily life.
What is the Pisces Full Moon all About?
When we realise how everything is connected and understand that one thing impacts another we can enter into a real phase of transformation.
Often we look at our lives as a set of jigsaw pieces which have still yet to make their way to the puzzle table. They’re disconnected, apart and seemly unrelated.
But what if we could take a look at our lives through a different lens? One that allows us to see the patterns, the connections and the deeper meaning? Things all of a sudden become simpler when we do this. We create space just by bringing similar things into one place and we don’t feel as disconnected and all over the place. This is liberating. And that’s the energy we are working with during this Full Moon in Pisces.
The connections in our lives once noticed and acknowledged, can be transformative.
This Moon is about:
- Bringing things together
- Joining the dots
- Noticing patterns
- Allowing personal growth
- Embracing spiritual guidance
- Being more organised
- Noticing the challenges and working through them one by one
Full Moon Tarot & Oracle Card Spread
The full Moon is a great time to work with your cards. This spread can be used with any type of tarot or oracle card deck. Just shuffle the deck and draw out the cards in the way show in the spread then grab your journal and work through each card in relation to each position in the spread to find your guidance for this phase of the lunar cycle.
I invite you to be part of a community of like-minded people drawing three cards every wekk to connect with the lunar energies of the week ahead. Come and share your results on my Instagram.
Here’s what to do
- Draw your cards and take a photo
- Share in your feed or IG stories and tag @themagickalcreatrix and use hashtag #MondayMoonSpread
- I will share your cards with the rest of the community as we all support each other to tap into the lunar energies each week
Things to do on a full Moon
- Charge your crystals by placing them on your windowsill or outside on the night of the full Moon
- Tie up loose ends and finish what you’ve started to work with the energy of completion associated with the full Moon
- Meditate and connect with the lunar energies listening for messages and guidance as you do
- Take a Moon bath by sitting outside in the Moon light and allowing the Moon beams to energise you
- Take a relaxing bath and enjoy the ritual of self care
- Read your cards and tap into the energy of the full Moon through tarot or oracle
- Practice forgiveness for yourself and others so you can move through the remainder of the lunar cycle without being weighed down
- Be grateful for what you already have so that you attract more of the same into your life
- Practice full Moon magick by casting a spell and getting all witchy
You may also like…
I like to wait until the first New Moon in January to set my intentions for the year ahead, here’s why.
This New Moon triggered something so big that I resisted and avoided the theme, even in my business. Here’s a look at how I explored what was going on and what I believe it all means.
Are you already aware of the Moons impact on your sleep but have no idea if there is a pattern or what this means for you? Check out this article where I show you how I track the patterns and what could be the reason for these disturbances.