The term ‘witch’ has been used to stigmatise and demoralise women in the past and after century’s of persecution and abuse there is a modern witch movement happening around us right here, right now, which is empowering women everywhere!
I truly believe we all have an inner witch who…..
- Wants us to be the most powerful version of ourselves
- Asks us to stand up and be strong even during challenging and difficult times
- Encourages to explore our own Magick and release it into the world in whatever form that may take
For me witchery goes hand in hand with my creative and lunar practices and bringing them altogether in one place is very powerful.
It’s all about intent
When we use our own inner magick we do so through the power of intent. Have you heard of the Law of Attraction? Well, spellwork works along the same principles with the exciting addition of rituals and tools and I have to admit to being a fan of witchy themed trinkets and tacky religious bling! shhhh don’t tell anyone
When casting a spell it’s good to have:
- A good visualisation of the outcome – allow yourself to see the results of the spell in your mind as though it has already worked
- Clear instructions – the wording of your spell and your intention should be clear, concise and easy to understand. Keeping things simple is always best practice in my book
- Focus – It’s important to maintain focus on the results you’re looking for, if you’re distracted or only half committed then the results will be a mirror of that lack of focus.
Lunar Phase Energy and Magick
Each phase of the lunar cycle has an energy attached to it and there are physical items we can use which match the energy of the phase in the cycle.
These items can be used in your actual spellwork, to decorate your altar or to bring into your circle when you perform a spell. They include candles, crystals, materials, oils, herbs, colours and items from nature just to name a few.
Using the phases of the moon to guide spellwork gives the magick that extra umph! As with everything in life, if you work in sync or in flow it just works better.
There is power in art and creativity because it’s a form of emotional expression. In a society which is constantly connected with access to information on every possible thing you can image (or struggle to imagine) it’s amazing how we are so repressed when it comes to emotional release and personal growth.
And what astounds me even more is that there is a self-help book about every area of our lives……but still we are stuck! In fact, I often find myself stuck in the self-help cycle of helplessness!
This is why I firmly believe we have to take matters into our own hands and create a way out of a place of being stuck. Don’t you agree?
Art Witchery is a magick of it’s own.
When I journal, create art, paint, draw, collage, scrapbook or doodle I tap into my energy right at that moment whether I realise it or not. It’s the reason why I don’t often know what things will look like until I’m finished. And it’s also the reason why I sometimes create stuff I hate. What I create is infused with my energy, emotions, feelings and vibrations. I find that a lot of what I create is quite intuitive and often a total surprise to me.
Creative journaling is a release and my inner art witch needs it!
How I use Witchery in my Creative Life
- Making creation a ritual – Just like spellwork I have rituals in my creativity, especially my art journaling. I light a candle before I start, I listen to meditative/tribal music to get me in the zone. I work with the phases of the Moon to maximise my creative energy. I use special tools and I like to have my creative space just right. Sounds a lot like magick to me! I also art journal on the new and full moon’s for maximum impact!
- Symbols in art – I love symbols, glyphs and icons and they feature a lot in the art I create. I also draw symbols under my artwork where they can’t be seen as they add power to my drawings and paintings
- Magickal themes – This is something I focus on a lot as Magickal themes bring energy to my creations. I am often guided by the elements, especially as I journal my way through the new and full moons. Fire moons bring red high energy into my art while water moons will often show as a more dreamy and emotional result.
- Divination and art – Something I adore doing is creating tarot and oracle card spreads to support the lunar cycles. I include my own artwork in these spreads and as I add my readings to my lunar art journal I get creative with how I express the results. I find that the core message of the reading is absorbed in a much more physical and emotional way because of this.
Learning More About Magick and the Moon
Magick is so important to me and my creative lunar process. So I created a whole module about it inside my Lunar Witchcraft Creative Journaling online programme.
Inside Module 5; Magick and the Moon we begin by creating a Moon altar. I love doing this and I change, update and experiment with my Moon altar throughout the year.
We then explore lunar magick by connecting with the energy of Maiden, Mother, Crone in super creative way which I know you will love.
I also show you how to cast a circle. A circle is an energetic space for us to practice magick, read the cards or even create art in.
And finally I show you how to cast spells for the new, waxing, full and waning phases of the lunar cycle.
Lunar Witchcraft Creative Journaling
This programme is made up of eight unique modules.
As the title states we cover LUNAR – WITCHCRAFT – CREATIVE – JOURNALING so let’s take a closer look.
Lunar – Working with the Moon, her phases and her cycles gives us a structure for our journaling practice. The waxing and waning phases along with the New and Full Moon’s give us different energies to work with. We build, grow and evolve as the moon goes from new to full. Then we release, let go and surrender as the full moon shrinks back to the next new moon again. Along with the signs of the zodiac we can use the Moon to address every area of our lives and fast track our own personal and spiritual development.
Witchcraft – Here we become aligned with the magick within us. Through ritual, spellwork and spiritual growth we learn to connect with our true intentions. This boosts our ability to manifest our dreams wishes and goals. We learn to move into complete alignment with what we want to achieve. And we give ourselves permission to realise that we have more control over the outcome than we ever thought possible. Working with the magick of the universe is very powerful indeed.
Creative – Being more creative has so many benefits. As we give ourselves permission to step away from our work, the computer, the TV, we let our logical mind take a break for a while. The creative side of our brain generates thoughts, feelings and emotions which are not possible if we spend our time in to-do lists, stress and anxiety. Creativity allows us to explore our internal world in a gentle and supportive way and the results our literally mind-blowing
Journaling – I’m sure you’ve heard of the benefits of journaling and have perhaps tried it for yourself once or twice. Traditional journaling was a struggle for me which is why I incorporate it into a more creative process. I give myself permission to write as little or a much as I feel I need to. Sometimes I write pages and pages, and other times I just focus on one or two words. Either way the result is the same – I acknowledge, explore and release my emotions, feelings and challenges which makes space for growth, evolution and joy!
What is Lunar Witchcraft Creative Journaling?
In general terms Lunar Witchcraft Creative Journaling is an online programme which shows you how to begin journaling in a creative way using the themes of working with the Moon and witchcraft to support the journey.
But what do I mean by ‘online programme’?
This means that you have access to the modules, support and guidance via a members area which is basically a website where you log in to follow the content. You can log in using your computer, tablet or mobile phone. There is also a private Facebook group available to where I teach live classes and share inspiration, guidance and support. This is also a great place to connect with the other members of the programme too!
The Doors are now open for the April 2020 intake of Lunar Witchcraft Creative Journaling!
Here are some great blogs for you all about Lunar Witchcraft Creative Journaling
The most common blocks to creativity are time, not knowing where to start and not believing you are good enough. Let’s squash them together!
My creative journal has changed so much and will continue to evolve but that’s the fun of creative journaling. Here’s what you need to know…..
Do you have a powerful strong person inside of you wanting to get out and create Magick? That’s your inner witch and she is ready to be released!
Try this simple 30 minute exercise to get your journaling started and tap into the energy of the Pisces Moon
It’s easier to start creative journaling than you might think. Here I show you how I used magazine cuttings to explore my boundaries – YouTube video and step by step images inside.
Learning to bring creativity into my life has been transformational. It’s now part of my healing, learning, spiritual, magickal and creative journey. In this article I share more about how I got started.